Just been looking at the way some libraries are using wikis (from the CCL Learn blog entry).
Looks good!!
I particularly like the subject guide wiki put together by St Joseph County Public Library. This allows people to just that - put together a subject guide. They have an impressive range of subject guides and I can see it would be an exiting place for people to share info they've found on different topics, or add a local author they know of to the local author subject wiki.
I like it :-)
The library success wiki is also interesting (if somewhat cliche). I don't know if I'd use it that much professionally, but it's useful to know it exists. And the whole idea of anyone being able to edit (within reason...) has always appealed to me - feel the power!!!
Heh, yeah, moving right along.

No comments:
Post a Comment