And no, I don't mean 2nd Life or any some such thing!
I mean the big FB! or MySpace or Bebo or Ning or...you get the idea :-)
I must admit I didn't spend that much time on the social networking module...I don't like to make generalisations, but I'm pretty much over social networking! Sorry, but there it is.
Been on FB for about 18 months (spring chicken! lol) have heaps of friends that I love keeping in contact with, lots of people I cyber-nod to every now and again, and quite a few that I've never met...
And there's Mafia Wars and bits of flair and pillow fights and so many quizzes they would rival the number of photos on Flickr!!! Ok, major exaggeration, but you get the picture...lol sorry, Friday night pun.
Anyway, the long and short of it is that I used FB heaps when I was studying because it was a perfect procrastination-enabler...However, now that I have my life back (lol!) I don't have time to procrastinate!! And there goes social networking...
However, again I can see how it would be very useful on a professional level for getting word out there about libraries and all the cool stuff they have and can do. Reaching people - that's what they're there for! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment